Double Chin Troubles — Try Kybella.
Allergan, the makers of Botox, has created another effective, aesthetic product –Kybella. Kybella is the only FDA approved pharmaceutical that shrinks fat. Yes, you heard that right, Kybella shrinks fat …forever! So how does it work? The main ingredient in Kybella is Deoxycholic Acid, a naturally occurring bile acid which aids in the breakdown of dietary fat. When injected into the fatty portion under the chin, Deoxycholic Acid gets to work destroying pesky fat cells. Once destroyed, the fat cells can no longer store or accumulate fat.
What Are The Causes of a Double Chin
- Weight Gain – Weight gain is often associated with submental fat. The old adage about gaining weight in all the wrong places holds true, darn it.
- Genetics – Some people are predisposed to a double chin – no amount of exercise or dieting will help.
- Aging – As we age, our skin thins and loses elasticity and strength. Once this happens, submental fat can no longer be contained by the skin under the chin. The sagging skin forms a double chin.
You Are Not Alone
- 67% of people surveyed said they are bothered by their double chin. *American Society of Dermatologic Surgery
- In clinical studies 79% of patients treated with Kybella had improved satisfaction with the appearance of their face and the area beneath their chin, 12 weeks after their last treatment.
Kybella: The Procedure
A Kybella treatment session lasts about 30-45 minutes form start to finish. The actual injection time takes about 8 minutes tops. First, a numbing cream is applied under the chin. Your injector will then place a grid over the treatment area and mark the injection sites. About 25-30 separate injections will be completed per session. Luckily, your chin is numb from the cream, so you will not feel the needle pokes too severely. You will, however, feel the medication’s slight sting during the injections. A skilled injector will inject steadily and efficiently and get ice on the treatment area ASAP.
About 12 hours after your Kybella injections, you will notice moderate swelling in the treatment area. This is a good thing; the Kybella is working. You will be swollen for about a week post treatment, with the most swelling ocurring at 24 hours post treatment.
How Many Kybella Treatments Do I Need
When determining the number of vials needed for Kybella, a thorough assessment of facial anatomy is manditory. Your provider should be an an expert on ideal facial proportions, safe injection treatment areas, and truly understand your treatment goals. Some patients notice results post 3-4 vials of Kybella. Most patients require at least 2 treatment sessions, a total of 4-8 vials of Kybella. The good news is that the treatment is permanent… as long as you do not gain a lot of weight.